Michael Scannell—a personal site
There are apparently a few thousand Michael Scannells on the planet. This site is the work of the writer and Web developer Michael Scannell, who lives in Calpe, on the Costa Blanca. (If you're still not sure if I'm the right one, have a look at a photo.)
What is here so far:
- Michael Scannell: a personal section. Here, there are contact details, a brief biography—and some photos.
- Jottings: there may be something here you find interesting to read.
- Music (empty): here there may (one day!) be some of my songs and other musical stuff.
- Pastimes (empty): “if it's never any fun, don't do it” (D H Lawrence). Here there should eventually be games and quizzes.
- Tools: just a couple of tools here so far. A guaranteed spelling method, and a 'rewind' page for IE.
- Web solutions: here you can see what I have to offer as a Web designer and inspect recent examples of my website designs, as well as discover the 5 questions which a business person should ask website designers.
You can also look at my site map. If you're looking for my blog, it's a Costa Blanca Web hosting blog, so it's on the Web Costa Blanca site. My most recent post comments on the new U3A Calpe Web site.
. The site has a kind of shape, but it's still missing things I'd like people to find here—and some older pages have design flaws that now embarrass me.
Please note: I believe that a site should have a consistent look and feel, and this is something I aim for when designing sites for other people.
Here, however, I have allowed myself more leeway—both to show off my wares, and for the fun of experimenting. (The metaphor for this page is obvious: it fades into the blue…)
It goes without saying that the site may end up as little more than an ego trip.
But I hope you personally find something worth stopping for.