Michael Scannell—a personal site
There are apparently a few thousand Michael Scannells on the planet. This site is the work of the writer, songwriter and Web designer/developer Michael Scannell, who lives in Calpe, on the Costa Blanca. (If you're still not sure if I'm the right one, have a look at a photo.)
What is here so far:
- Michael Scannell: a personal section. Here, there are contact details, a brief biography—and some photos.
- Jottings: there may be something here you find interesting to read.
- Music (empty): here there may (one day!) be some of my songs and other musical stuff.
- Pastimes (empty): “if it's never any fun, don't do it” (D H Lawrence). Here there should eventually be games and quizzes.
- Tools: just a couple of tools here so far. A guaranteed spelling method, and a 'rewind' page for IE.
- Web solutions: here you can see what I have to offer as a Web designer and inspect recent examples of my website designs, as well as discover the 5 questions which a business person should ask website designers.
You can also look at my site map. If you were looking for my blog, it was a Costa Blanca Web hosting blog, so it was on the Web Costa Blanca site. It's no longer operational.
. I have been too busy with Web work to update this website for many years. The only page which I keep even relatively up to date is my portfolio. And even that looks outdated on mobile devices.
Please note: I believe that a site should have a consistent look and feel, and this is something I aim for when designing sites for other people.
Here, however, I allowed myself more leeway—both to show off my wares, and for the fun of experimenting. (The metaphor for this page is obvious: it fades into the blue…)
It goes without saying that the site may continue to come across as little more than an ego trip.
But I hope you personally find something worth stopping for.